How is version 1.0 different from version 0.5?
- Fortran stream_number in calls to init_sprng now starts from 0 instead of from 1.
- A parallel Multiplicative Lagged Fibonacci Generator (mlfg) has been implemented.
- lcg64 and cmrg now use larger primes as addends. So the random number sequences will now be different from those in Version 0.5.
- Default parameter to init_sprng is called SPRNG_DEFAULT instead of DEFAULT.
- Several functions have been inlined, to improve speed.
- Directory 'include' contains the headers, and 'lib' the SPRNG libraries, instead of using 'SRC' and '.' respectively. If you have untarred SPRNG into a location where an old version is present, please remove your old interface.h, sprng.h, and sprng_f.h files in SRC and either make links to those in the 'include' directory, or copy them to SRC.
- SRC/make.GENERIC helps in installation on new machines.
- 'pack_sprng' now returns the state of a stream in a machine independent format that can be unpacked with 'unpack_sprng' (except for pmlcg, which still stores numbers in a machine dependent format). It may be incompatible with data stored in the version 0.5 format.